We are looking for one (1) Research Software Engineer (Digital Humanities) for the European Project ERC-Stg-2015 POSTDATA, led by Elena González-Blanco, which will last until April 2021.
The project, born at the Digital Humanities Innovation Lab from UNED, LINHD, is a Digital Humanities project that deals with poetry analysis, standardization and classification. It combines semantic web technologies, natural language processing and digital scholarship editing with the analysis of more than 30 poetry projects and databases in different European languages. The team is an interdisciplinary group of high-qualified researchers from different disciplines, from linguistics, philology and literature to computer science, mathematics and semantic web engineers.
Candidates must send a short CV (maximum 4 pages) and a motivation letter (maximum 2 pages) explaining why they fit for the position, with references to previous projects developed. CVs sent in other formats or motivation letters missing will NOT be accepted.
Mandatory SUBJECT of email message: POSTDATA Research Software Engineer Application _ LastName, Name
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Design, develop, test, and deploy applications that involve multiple services.
· Maintenance of deployed applications and servers.
· Document all software practices and artifacts.
· Expertise in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications to servers on premises or in the cloud.
· Proficiency with application design and data modeling.
· Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
· Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
· Ability to lead activities on structured team development projects.
· Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
· Familiarity with version control systems (git) and code repositories (GitHub).
· Experience developing dynamic and interactive media, and/or interactive scholarly works. experience implementing best practices for responsive design and accessibility is a plus.
· Familiarity with agile software development practices.
· An advanced degree in the social sciences, humanities, computer science or a related area is highly desirable.
· Data analysis experience and analytic knowledge (e.g., R, Julia, STATA, SPSS, or other statistical packages).
· Graphic and information design.
· Additional languages (modern or historical varieties).
· Linux shell, shell scripting.
. NLP abilities appreciated
Linhd / Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia
Computer science › Computer architecture
Computer science › Modelling tools
First Stage Researcher (R1)
Recognised Researcher (R2)
Spain › Madrid
Type of Contract:
Hours per week:
EU Research Framework Programme:
H2020 / ERC
Reviews will continue until position is filled.